- The world’s consumption of paper has grown 400% in the last 40 years.
- 60% of the total trees cut around the world are used in paper industries.
- Rainforests are being cut down at the rate of 100 acres per minute.
- To produce 15,000 sheets of paper it takes one whole tree
- The average office worker uses 12,000 sheets of paper each year
– that’s about a tree per person per year!
- Printing waste is 20% or more of total paper produced.
- Greenhouse gasses are emitted by the heavy industry used to make paper.
- 70% less energy is required to recycle paper compared with making
it from raw materials
- Printers and copiers consume a large amount of electricity.
- The average printer cartridge takes 3 gallons of oil to produce.
If it is not recycled, it takes over 1,000 years for the cartridge to
decompose in a landfill.